Friday, October 14, 2011

Coming Soon: Skate America

Next Wednesday, I'll be leaving for Ontario, California, site of 2011 Hilton HHonors Skate America. I'm going to try to post daily reports and photos from practices and the competitions. Pray for a good wi-fi connection at the hotel!

I'm glad Skate America is the first Grand Prix event once again after the schedule switch the past two years. I like having the first look at the skaters' programs (or at least the programs of the skaters who haven't done summer competitions and have kept us in suspense). Hopefully, we'll see some quality skating. Often, skaters are still working out the kinks in their new programs this time of year, but I've witnessed some memorable performances at Skate America over the years:

Armin Mahbanoozadeh 2010 Free Skate - "Avatar"

Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao 2009 Short Program - "Who Wants To Live Forever"

Keauna McLaughlin & Rockne Brubaker 2008 Free Skate - "West Side Story"

Evan Lysacek 2007 Free Skate - "Tosca"

Albena Denkova & Maxim Staviski 2006 Original Dance- "Libertango"

Alissa Czisny 2004 Short Program - "The Mission"

I hope there will be an abundance of memorable moments at this year's event. If you're going to be in Ontario, let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment