Saturday, January 7, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday - 1/8/12


Today is Six Sentence Sunday, where both published and non-published writers share six sentences from their work. I'm sharing an excerpt from my debut novel, LIFE ON THE EDGE, released this past week by Astraea Press.

In last week's excerpt, Emily realized she was having more-than-friendly feelings about her coach Sergei. This week, Sergei is a guest at a dinner party Emily and her best friend Aubrey are hosting for some friends.

We had long finished dinner, but everyone remained around the big patio table, talking and listening to the stereo Aubrey had set up. Sergei had eaten two helpings of lasagna, and his compliments made me giddy; I couldn't stop staring at him. His oxford shirt matched his eyes, and its opened top button revealed a glimpse of smooth, tanned skin.


Whenever my gaze roamed to Sergei across the table, I found him looking back at me. Sometimes his lips curled into a smile; other times, he quickly averted his eyes. Our evening-long tango of stares had my head spinning.


Thanks for stopping by! To read Six Sentence Sunday from other writers or to sign up, visit the Six Sunday site here.

3 comments:

  1. I like I like I like! Great sexual tension developing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice amping of the sexual tension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those stares they're giving each other.

    ReplyDelete