Saturday, February 25, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday - 2/26/12


Today is Six Sentence Sunday, where both published and non-published writers share six sentences from their work. I've posted an excerpt from my novel LIFE ON THE EDGE. Emily and Sergei are having coffee, and Emily is still struggling with her feelings.




Sergei grinned and laid his arm across the chair next to his. I laughed and soaked in the positive energy between us. 

As I sipped my coffee, I watched Sergei rest his hand on the table beside his mug. What would happen if I reached out and put my hand on his? Let my fingertips caress the smooth skin, the soft brush of hair just below his watch. Would the earth stop turning?


Thanks for stopping by! To read Six Sentence Sunday from other writers or to sign up, visit the Six Sunday site here.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely six. Well, what's the answer. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think it would and now I need the answer!! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great moment! Those are always so agonizing (for me anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...I wonder what would happen :) I have a pretty good idea. Nice six :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good question, and packed with emotion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the romantic tension building. I think most people have felt this way at the start of a new relationship, or when with someone who might turn into a partner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely visual of Sergei. Touch him! Touch him! Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think she should try it and find out. :-)

    ReplyDelete