Saturday, March 10, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday - 3/11/12


Today is Six Sentence Sunday, where both published and non-published writers share six sentences from their work. I've posted an excerpt from my novel LIFE ON THE EDGE. This is a bit further into the scene I featured last week. Emily and Sergei are with a group at a nightclub in Tokyo, trying to keep up appearances.



After a few minutes, I sensed someone behind me. My pulse quickened as Sergei’s woody cologne floated under my nose. Sergei mimicked my stance and stood close enough to me that his forearm touched mine on the railing. The scene looked perfectly innocent, but no one could see the million sparks of electricity generated through that slight physical contact.

“Do you know how bad I want to kiss you right now?” Sergei’s eyes wandered down to my mouth.




Thanks for stopping by! To read Six Sentence Sunday from other writers or to sign up, visit the Six Sunday site here.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, boy, I can FEEL those sparks! I adore when the gaze wanders to the mouth. That's unbelievably sexy! (I still have serious cover love for your book, too. Every time I see it, I can't help but notice how gorgeous it is!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Elaina rocks the covers, doesn't she? :)

      Delete
  2. Very badly, yes, please! Great six! Shows the tension :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just got all tingly! Great 6!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sexual tension, very subtle. Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you illustrate the chemistry between them.

    ReplyDelete