Monday, July 16, 2012

Music Monday

Another Monday, another set of tunes! This week there are a couple of very different songs on my repeat playlist:

"Overcome" by Better Than Ezra
I bought this CD after Hurricane Katrina when I was exiled in Houston, and I listened to it constantly, enjoying the connection to home (Better Than Ezra is a local band). I still love so many of the songs from the CD, and I'm hooked on this one again.

"The Crisis" by Ennio Morricone (from the soundtrack to The Legend of 1900)
I first heard this song when Daisuke Takahashi skated a gorgeous exhibition to it at the Grand Prix Final last year. I loved it so much that I've included it in EDGE OF THE PAST, the upcoming sequel to LIFE ON THE EDGE. The song becomes an important symbol of some of the emotions in the story.

Hope you all have a great week! I'm leaving for Los Angeles on Friday and will be attending An Evening On Ice on Saturday, a wonderful show to benefit the US Athletic Foundation. Look for a report here next week plus hopefully photos and videos (if the lighting/camera situation works out!)


No comments:

Post a Comment