Friday, November 23, 2012

2012 NHK Pairs SP Thoughts

I love being able to watch events live! And this is a good field of pairs! Excited for Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knieram competing in their first Grand Prix event, and so nervous for Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir. Here we go!

Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knieram - Throw flip is HUGE. SBS spins a little slow. Nice SBS triple salchows. Overall need a bit more speed, but wonderful connection and Alexa's positions are lovely. We have ourselves another team in the mix for the podium at Nationals!

Lindsay Davis/Mark Ladwig - Mark spins out of the landing of the SBS triple salchows. Mark is traveling toward the boards on the SBS spins. Lindsay ekes out the throw loop. Love their music. Need to work more on their connection.

Anastasia Martiusheva/Alexei Rogonov - New team to me. She spins out of salchow landing a la Mark. Very nice throw flip. Huge triple twist. Bahhhh, commercial interruption. End of their footwork sequence looked nice! Not a fan of Alexei's tuxedo - looks like Sir Penguin.

Nicole della Monica/Matteo Guarise - Hair clips must go. Is this the guy Caitlin Y skated with for awhile? She's down on the SBS sals. Messy throw sal. They look like they're in slow motion. Whoa, I looked down to take notes and I think I missed a botch death spiral?

Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir - Huge triple twist nailed. SBS triple sals nailed. Throw jump nailed. YAYYYYYY!!!!! Sorry for the fangirl moment, but I love these two! And they rock this program like nobody's business. Those little hop twisty moves they do near the end are awesome. Marissa's sassy ponytail is the bomb. Okay, I'm done gushing :)

Kirsten Moore-Towers/Dylan Moscovitch - Cute costumes and neat choreography. Twist is very lateral.  Dylan's a little swingy on the SBS jumps. Dylan starts the lift from his knee (which I first saw done by Steven Pottenger). Nice program from them!

Vera Bazarova/Yuri Larionov - These two have been trying to break through forever it feels like. Eat a biscuit, Vera. Her throw jump landing reminds me of Elena Berezhnaya. Beautiful twist. Love Vera's dress. They're still kinda bland, but I'll take them over Kavaguti any day!

Free dance coming up next!

3 comments:

  1. Exceptional post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Many thanks!
    Also see my web page > uneven skin tone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really understand what you
    are speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also consult with my website =).
    We can have a link alternate contract between us
    My page : boligityrkia.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome article.
    Also see my site :: www.lovecolombian.com

    ReplyDelete