Sunday, June 30, 2013

FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE Teaser

I'm taking a break from Music Monday this week to post a new teaser from FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE (Edge #3). I posted it on my Facebook page but wanted to include it here in case you missed it! It's a quick excerpt with Aubrey and Chris:

****

With the misfit tree in the back of Chris’s truck, they stopped at the first drugstore they saw and descended upon the aisle of holiday decorations. Aubrey folded her arms and tapped her foot as Chris deliberated between a set of Looney Tunes ornaments and one with Star Wars characters.

All the shimmering tinsel and trinkets on the shelves were obnoxiously bright, just like the decorations outside her parents’ house would be. Shiny and pretty to mask the unhappiness inside. Her neck grew tense just thinking about spending the holiday there.

“We should get both of these.” Chris showed her the two boxes of ornaments. “What’s better than Princess Leia hanging out with Yosemite Sam?”

He was such a goofball.

That’s right. Focus on the goofiness and forget the hotness.


****

I submitted the completed manuscript to my publisher over the weekend, so now I'm just waiting on a firm release date. I'll be sure to let you know when I receive it!

2 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! I'm so excited for Epiphany coming out soon!

      Delete